Skip to main content

ASB & Stock Market

Without a doubt, ASB is one of the best conventional saving method for Bumiputera citizens. The fact that the fund is guaranteed by the Government and steady annual return way more than normal fixed deposition, it attracts investors. Furthermore, it requires virtually no monitoring due to its fixed unit rate of RM1.00.

For the past 5 years since 2006, the annual dividend rates are between 7 and 9 percent.
Prior to being an aggressive investor, it is advisable to have this type of conventional saving first, as an insurance.

The next area I'm venturing into is the stock market; with fluctuating rates and uncertain dividends/bonuses. Of course, this will require close monitoring and knowledge on current business scenarios in Malaysia and abroad. Been in the area for quite sometime now, but I'll slowly start to increase the capital invested for this purpose.

It's okay to be slow and steady :) Once I get it, then I'll go for it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3.1 sen = Income Distribution for Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera (AHB) for 6 months ended 31 March 2017

For those who are looking for a conventional and steady stream of income, you may want to opt for AHB (syariah-compliant, tax-exempt and payable net of zakat). From The Edge Markets KUALA LUMPUR (April 4): Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera's (AHB) income distribution for the six months ended March 31, 2017 fell to 3.1 sen per unit, compared with 3.3 sen for the previous corresponding period. AHB is a syariah-compliant real-estate backed trust fund with a fixed price of RM1 per unit. It is sponsored by Pelaburan Hartanah Bhd (PHB), a real estate investment holding company owned by Yayasan Amanah Hartanah Bumiputera. The fund's manager is Maybank Asset Management Sdn Bhd. "The income distribution of AHB is tax-exempt and payable net of zakat, which will be credited directly into the unit holder's bank account on April 17," PHB and Maybank Asset Management said in a statement. For the full financial year ended Sept 30, 2016, a total income distribution of 6....

Buying a new bike

Traffic in KK is getting worse from time to time. Not only expensive house rental and food, the cost for getting to work is also increasing. I am seriously considering buying a bike... Still haven't made up my mind yet, a typical bike or a scooter? Scooter looks more elegant and easier to handle. However, expect higher CAPEX and OPEX. Typical bike looks not so stylish, but should meet the intended purpose i.e. getting to work. Based on these arguments, I prefer scooter to typical bike :) Waiting for the right time, then just go the the shop and grab one... no more thinking. This one looks nice: Joymax 250: yet to find the dealer and OTR price. Huge luggage box works for me. The 12L fuel capacity is good for a non-stop 300km-journey.

Belajar Bisnes: Prosedur lawan Budaya

Kisah menarik, iktibar buat yang berniaga. ---------- In the world I live in today, I feel very strongly that culture is more powerful than strategy. As we head towards recovery, far too many organizations are obsessed with strategy. But when I say culture, I mean “the way we get things done around here.” A couple weeks ago, I traveled to LA to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. And you know, the best hotels in the world, what they do brilliantly is they make the check-in process just disappear. So I'm coming in with my bags, I'm really tired, and I've got a board rehearsal in two hours. All that was on my mind is, “We're rehearsing in two hours.” Somehow, the doorman takes my bags and probably sees the luggage tag. And before I know it, I get to the desk, and—“Just sign here. Welcome back to [the] Beverly Wilshire Hotel, Mr. Carayol.” Well, it stunned me, because I've never stayed at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel. So I said, “I'm very sorry. I've never ...